Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Friday, 15 February 2013

Get Altered challenge ... eclectic Paperie

Hi everyone,
Just stopping by to pop on my first ever altered book for the challenge over at 
Get Altered Challenge and the theme is Altered Books.
To alter the cover I used a dark matt emulsion and left it to dry, followed by a mixture of water and pva glue and left to dry again.
I then added a lighter coat of matt emulsion and dried it with my heat tool ...cracks start to appear as if by magic!
Bitten by the bug I went on to do my first ever journal pages.
 Well I was having so much fun getting all inky that I worked on another set of pages.

Well I hope you like my first attempt at altering a book and my journal pages.
If you get the time then stop on by the eclectic Paperie blog, so much to see from the designers.
Thank you for looking
Glitzzy
xxx

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Whoop,whoop you did it!!!
What a great effect you got from the matt emulsions and pva glue,I wouldn`t have thought of this!!
I adore your journal entries ... especially love the first one
"Birds is what you need".
Thank you so much for playing along over at eclectic Paperie.
Hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Kim said...

Great work for your first pages...really beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with the challenge at eclectic Paperie!

Marjie Kemper said...

Great job! And you really did a lot. Love your stamping and mix of materials. Thanks for joining in at Eclectic Paperie!

Anonymous said...

Well done for you 1st attempt! Don't stop now keep going really enjoyed looking at work

Shirley-Anne said...

Bought a book ages ago ..now inspired to have a go ..
Love your cover work ..and the pages will have to call back to see the next ..hugs Shirley-Anne

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Every Woman digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs